Request for Song Champions to help me record my next Album
I need financial support to help offset the recording cost of my next album Canticle of Creation - but also I'm asking for spiritual collaboration from my Song Champions.
Why do this?
Here's what it means to be a Song Champion:
Each Song Champion is asked to donate $250 to underwrite one particular song of their choice from the list below.
Song Champions are invited to participate in prayer during this time their song is being recorded and arranged. This could take the form of sending your goodwill, prayers, or thoughts of support.
Rather than offering an exchange or reward for your generosity, I'm hoping that Song Champions will step forward because they deeply believe in the healing power of this music.
Songs that are seeking Champions
- Beloved Brìghde This song draws inspiration from Christine Valters Paintner poem 'St Brigid and the fruit tree' and borrows an incredible Irish melody called 'Mna Na H-Eireann' (translates as 'women of Ireland') written by Seán Ó Riada. LISTEN HERE
- The horse & Saint Columba This is another song inspired by the poetry of Christine Valters Paintne. I also wrote it as a tribute to my friend Nancianna shortly after she died.
- Circle me
- The deer's Cry - Also known as St Patrick's Breastpate
- Ave Maria A Gregorian chant setting of this sacred prayer. LISTEN HERE for a shorter version of the song.
- New recording of Deep Peace
- New recording of Prayer of St Francis
- I am Chant (by Nirinjan Kaur - LISTEN HERE to a recording of her singing this amazing chant)
SONGS THAT ARE ALREADY CHAMPIONED
- Canticle of Creation Song Champion = Abbey of the Arts in Galway Ireland. I was commissioned to set St Francis's prayer Canticleof the Sun to music by the lovely people at Abbey of the Arts.
- Arch Angel Invocation Song Champion = Susan
- Saint Gobnait Song Champion = Abbey of the Arts in Galway Ireland. I was also commissioned by the lovely people at Abbey of the Arts to set a wonderful poem written by Christine Valters Paintner to music.
- Wild Geese Song Champion = Cyndy. My friend Adhamh Rolland set Mary Oliver's poem Wild Geese to music and I feel in love with both the poem and this melody. LISTEN HERE